Military Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Congressman Schneider may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. To request a Military Academy Nomination from our office, please complete the form below.
All materials for the academy classes of 2026 should be submitted before 5:00 p.m. on November 1, 2021.These materials will be reviewed by my office and you will then be contacted to schedule an interview in November with our Service Academy Nomination Board. If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact Patrice Campbell at 847-383-4870 or email Patrice.Campbell@mail.house.gov
Nomination Application Checklist:
- High School Transcript
- Test Scores - ACT (code: 7384) and/or SAT (code: 1626)
- 3 Recommendations (recommenders can use the sample form or submit their own letter through the automated link) Recommender Form.pdf
- Please include the email addresses for your 3 references (required field)
- Signed student authorization and Parent authorization (if applicant is under 18 years) Please complete and upload
- Candidate Review Sheet (please complete only the top portion and upload)