Our office is here to serve you. If you need help on any issue involving the federal government, including Medicare, Social Security, Small Business Administration, State Department, Internal Revenue Service, Veterans Affairs, Immigration, or more, please get in touch by calling (847) 383-4870 or submitting a casework request.
- Learn about COVID-19, how to get a vaccine, the situation in Illinois, where to seek help on testing, and how to prevent the virus.
- Learn about the direct assistance payments ("stimulus checks"), unemployment insurance, help avaialble for basic needs including food assistance, utilities, and rent, and help for students.
- Learn about SBA Disaster Loans and the paid leave provisions.
- Please do your part to stop the spread of Covid-19 by wearing your mask, washing your hand and watching your distance.
- Get your vaccine
- Share the update with your friends and neighbors when you get the vaccine
2021 Stimulus Payments Are on the Way
IRS is now sending the 2021 Economic Impact Payments in accordance with the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, signed into law on March 11, 2021. Taxpayers can check when and how their payment was sent with the Get My Payment tool. The first and second Economic Impact Payments no longer appear in Get My Payment. For more information see the Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions including FAQs addressing how to update Direct Deposit and what if my address changed.
- Taxability of Unemployment: Taxpayers who have already filed 2020 returns and included unemployment benefits are urged not to take immediate action to amend their return. More information on this coming soon.
- Outreach: Suggested tweets to supplement the previously delivered IRS News Release 2021-54, IRS begins delivering third round of Economic Impact Payments to Americans, and Fact Sheet 2021-4, More details about the third round of Economic Impact Payments, are in the Social Media Resources section below and related infographics are attached.
Here's what to know about the third round of Economic Impact Payments:
- Stimulus payments under the American Rescue Plan Act will arrive as direct deposits for most people
- The first direct deposit payments will have an official pay date of Wednesday, March 17 and people may first see these direct deposits in their account as a pending or provisional deposit
- Those who do not receive their payments as a direct deposit will receive their payments in the mail in the next several weeks
- No action is needed by most taxpayers – the payments will be automatic
- Social Security and other federal beneficiaries will generally receive this third payment the same way as their regular benefits – a payment date for this group will be announced shortly
Frequently Asked Questions
- Direct Cash Payments During COVID-19
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits During COVID-19
- Resources for Small Businesses During COVID-19