2018 Congressional Art Competition
If you have questions about the competition, please contact Greg Claus at email@example.com or 847-383-4868.
- April 13: Artwork due – Please drop off at Rep. Brad Schneider’s office (111 Barclay Blvd, Suite 200, Lincolnshire, Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm)
- April 23, 5:30 - 6:30 pm: Congressional Art Competition Reception at David Adler Center in Libertyville
- April 20 – 28: Exhibit on display at David Adler Center (1700 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, 9:00am – 9:00pm) for public viewing
- May 1: Artwork available for pickup at Rep. Schneider’s office
This year’s theme is “Dreams”. Students are encouraged to interpret the theme however they chose and submit artwork that reflects their interpretation.
- Schools can submit no more than five works of art.
- Student artists must live in Illinois’s 10th Congressional District. To look up your student’s district: http://www.house.gov/htbin/findrep
- We strongly encourage all artwork to be framed. This ensures the piece will not be damaged and allows for easier transportation. If this is not possible, artwork should at least be matted.
- Artwork cannot be no larger than 26 inches high, 26 inches wide, and 4 inches deep
- Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws.
- Read 2018 Rules for Teachers and Students
The winning entry will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for a year. The 2nd and 3rd place pieces will be displayed in the Congressman’s District and Washington D.C. offices, respectively.
The first prize winner will also receive two round-trip airline tickets courtesy of Southwest Airlines to Washington, DC. and have the opportunity to attend the Congressional Art Competition award ceremony. At that ceremony, our district’s winner will see their winning artwork hung in the Capitol, and be joined by other first prize entries from the other 434 Congressional Districts.
About the Competition:
Each spring, a nation-wide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Artistic Discovery Contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in our Congressional District.
The Artistic Discovery Contest is open to all high school students in our District. The winning artwork of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol. The exhibit in Washington will include the winning artwork from all participating districts from around the country. The winning artwork is also featured on House.gov's Congressional Art Competition page.
2018 Forms and Documents:
- 2018 Rules for Teachers and Students
- A Guide to Copyright and Plagarism
- 2018 Student Release Form - All students must complete and submit with artwork
For questions regarding the 10th Congressional District Art Competition, please Greg Claus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-383-4868.